Old January 14th 04, 10:15 PM
Andrew Gideon

Default Opinions/Experience with PC Flight System's eGyro-3, anyone?

I'm considering trying to convince my club to switch to the eGryo-3 instead
of a differential pressure vacuum backup. However, I'm curious about a
couple of things.

The differential pressure mechanism is - I believe - STCed. What would we
need to go through for a panel mounted eGyro-3 (assuming it isn't STCed)?
A field approval, requiring an inspection? Complex? Expensive?

We're in the area of the Teterboro FSDO, if that makes a difference.

Also, the differential pressure mechanism powers the DG. I see that the
eGyro-3 provides AI and TC backup. Does it also provide heading
information?

Finally, what about electrical problems? The differential pressure
mechanism is immune to this, but the eGyro-3 is electrically powered. Of
course, PC Flight System has a portable solution, but I'm really looking
(at the moment; check again with me in a little while {8^) for a
panel-mounted solution.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Andrew