Old July 2nd 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
bsalai

Default GNS 430 - cities in flight plan?

DBn wrote:
Did you read in the GNS430 where that can be done? An aviation waypoint
or user waypoint is what can be inserted into a flight plan or
direct-to waypoint.

Yes I did, but couldn't find, so it is not possible, I suppose...
Thanx

I think that what you are seeing is that cities are not stored in the
database in the 430, which isn't surprising. I don't know of any reason
why you can't use cities in a flight plan, but you would have to specify
them as LAT-LONG values, because I suspect that they are not in the ATC
database either. I think, but I don't remember how, that when you create
a user waypoint, the 430 will give you the LAT-LONG values.

I didn't check any of this, so I could be completely off base.

Brad