Old December 26th 11, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
km

Default cobra alum trailer re finish

On Dec 25, 9:01*am, Cliff Hilty
wrote:
Okay we've talked about gliders now lets talk about trailers I have a cobra

1984 all aluminum chalking up needs and needs to be refinished what
would you use and do you need to prime. There is no peeling just severe
chalking the current plan is too sand for a tooth an wipe it down before
applying a one part auto paint. Any other suggestions? I have never
painted before so am open for suggestions.

Thanks
CH

If you have chalking and no peeling you could always do a cut and buff
with rubbing compound and wax. Start with a mild compound and work
your way up if needed. If you do need to paint, take a look at some of
the mail order parts houses such as Summit. They have a limited stock
colors (Which doesn't matter if you are choosing white) and vastly
cheaper prices for single stage paints. Good luck.