Old July 15th 03, 05:38 PM
John Harper

Just "345 is flying through the localizer". In my experience, you'll get
one of two responses:

-- "oops, intercept" (or one time "oops, too late to intercept, turn
heading so-and-so to return for intercept")
-- "affirmative, fly so-and-so for spacing"

In VMC it's no big deal. In IMC with terrain if I didn't get an
immediate response (or the freq was busy) I'd invoke 91.3 and
intercept. There have been fatalities from people crossing the loc
and hitting terrain. I'd rather not be one.

John

"John Clonts" wrote in message

Thomas Myers wrote in

message
What is the proper phraseology to alert the controller that you are

being
vectored through the localizer?
I'm thinking something like:
Approach, N12345 vector through localizer?

Thanks,

Tom

The time it happened to me, I said, "Approach, 7NZ is flying through the
localizer". He replied something like "that is correct, for spacing, I'll
turn you back on in a moment". But this was VMC, practice approach, at
Austin...

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas