Old September 8th 05, 06:49 PM
Simon Robbins

"Steve R" wrote in message
I know that it give me fits at first, in the little bit of instruction

I've
received in helicopters. Adding throttle is opposite of what it is on a
motorcycle. It's also the wrong hand which I think, actually helped me a
bit. Since I'm not used to operating the throttle with my left hand, the
fact that the throttle's movement was also backwards didn't seem to be as
big a deal as it might have been if I'd had the collective in my right

hand.

Actually, I don't have to think about which way to turn the throttle until
some other effect does the opposite to what I'm expecting with the engine
RPM. It's bloody awkward trying to turn it the wrong way when raising the
collective, so despite my motorcycle history, I'm hoping it wont give me too
much trouble!

Si