Old November 11th 05, 10:06 PM
boB

Default Gyro's was Groen Bros. DARPA Award

Jim Carriere wrote:

boB wrote:

My dream was to build a RAF2000 Gyro, mostly because of the enclosed
cockpit and the standard type seating. I had even contacted an IP in
Pensacola about the training. I learned my lesson about thinking I

Bob (bOB? , in the Pensacola neck of the woods there are about half a
dozen gyroplanes at the Brewton muni airport (about 50 miles north of PNS).

I come by this knowledge from passing within a few miles of Brewton last
year and talking with a gyroplane there on unicom. Since the gyro
community is a fairly small and tight, you may have already heard about
them.

boB... there are so many Bob's that I spell my name backwards. I
didn't know about Brewton. The IP I called was something like "dolph"
something. I wold have to go back through my folder on the gyro. I hope
some day to be flying again. Right now the pain medication I take is so
strong I don't even drive a car any more. My wife, bless her heart, did
not let me get in my ultralight even though I protested that flying it
was so easy I couldn't possibly get hurt. I sold it. But I can always
keep hoping.

My Toy
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3...rastrip8lz.jpg
--