Old February 24th 05, 10:59 AM
Stefan

Mark James Boyd wrote:

I was thinking recently about ground loops and flaperons and
adverse yaw and crosswinds. I can understand how
one needs a rudder for sideslips, but beyond that:

Looking at your posts (this one and those concerning crosswind landings,
I come to the conclusion that you have a problem with correct rudder use.

Is anyone making a modern competition glider without adverse yaw
using frise ailerons?

I don't know the origin of the legend that rudder is only needed to
compensate for adverse yaw. But as a proper turn is a movement around
all three axis, you always need all three controls for a proper turn,
with or without adverse yaw.

Stefan