Old June 12th 07, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Default Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

That would be a ton of blueprints!

I don't have a clue on where to start except for some of the museums...

JT

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Does anyone know where I can get the blue prints/plans for the Grumman
Albatross float plane? Any help will be appreciated.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

===
Grumpy,
I guess my request was rather general in nature. I am actually looking for
interior plans and/or pictures. I am working on two 1/72 scale
Albatross's. One is being built similar to Jimmy Buffett's Hemisphere
Dancer (picture attached) that is parked at the Orlando, FL Margaritaville,
the other is being built as the Sun and Fun restoration that I have
attached. The idea of looking in museum archives had not crossed my mind
and it is a good lead - Thanks.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

You might also contact Northrup-Grumman.

I spent a lot of time in these planes (S-16 version IIRC) island hopping
in Micronesia in the 1969-1971 time frame. Noisy but very reliable.

I thought that you had plans to moor one on Lake Travis...

JT

I would probably do so if I had one, but the PC city council we have would put an
end to that idea real fast.

Ray
===