Old March 13th 04, 01:53 AM
Dan Luke

Default Dreaded IPC

Ran into my CFII the other day in the FBO parking lot. I see him once
in a while around the airport, but I've flown with him only a couple of
times since I got the rating six years ago. After telling me one of his
corny jokes, he asked me how long it had been since I had an IPC. I
told him I'd never had one, that I keep myself current and fly enough to
stay proficient. He cocked his head to one side and gave me that "who
do you think you're bull****ting?" look that I remembered so well from
training with him. I felt like a schoolboy caught playing hooky.

Long story short, I'm now scheduled for an IPC next weekend. The funny
thing is that I find myself dreading it. Now, to me, that's a dead
giveaway that I know I'm weak in some areas and have been in denial
about it. My CFII has an unerring ability to expose faults in his
students, so I know I'm going to be put through the wringer.

Ok, so I'm going to take my medicine like a man. When it's over, I'll
report here just how ugly it got. The rest of you folks who may want to
consider if you've been deliberately ignoring that little voice telling
you you're not really as sharp as you ought to be. Might be time to
give your CFII a call.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM