Old April 5th 04, 08:28 PM
Ray Andraka

FWIW, although both my cars are equipped with cruise control, I don't use it at
all. Anyway, I think we are pretty much in agreement that an autopilot is a
useful tool and should not be depended on as a surrogate for pilot ability. If
I can't fly as well as the autopilot, I have no business being there. That
said, my point was that (for me anyway) an autopilot is not a must have, but it
is fairly high on the list of desirables.

And as you and the article state it should be only a TOOL, not a crutch. IN
a similar vein, it should be used like cruise control in a car; it should
not cause a deterioration in the ability to drive (and no, I'm not referring
to the Urban LegendŽ of the guy in the motor home that turned on cruise
control and went back to fix a sam'ich. ) :~)

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759