Old July 5th 03, 06:28 AM
Sunny

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Honor to those who came forward
From: (Kevin Brooks)
Date: 7/4/03 7:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time

There were a lot of great men who did a lot of different things to
ensure victory in WWII, and did those duties to the best of their
ability and without feeling as if they had to tear down the efforts of
others; my hat is off to *every* one of them, not just those who *you*
have allegedly annointed. And, as is true for any endeavor that
entails the gathering of millions of men and women from various walks
of life and backgrounds, it is true that there were a few assholes and
smartasses who served during WWII--you are living proof of that.

Brooks

So I assume you never volunteered for the 101st Airborne after all. Right?

Art, are you actually aware that everything you used, from your
aircraft/ammo/, the food you stuffed into your mouth and the toilet paper
you used, was supplied by merchant marine, heroes every one of them, who
lived every waking and sleeping hour, in the knowledge and fear that the
next loud noise could be the torpedo that smashed their world apart.
Judging from what I have read so far, from you, I don't think so which is
sad. But I suppose in your words they were "non combatants".?