Old December 11th 03, 04:06 PM

On 2 Nov 2003 07:18:57 -0800, (PT Ball) wrote:

snip

PS: Does any one know if the only F model N17W that went to the
Seattle MOF will ever fly or has flown again? There was some talk. Or
is it forever entombed in the museum?
Also haven't seen much of "Chuckie" in recent years?
Peter B.

N17W does fly from time to time. Her current home is at Renton field,
just saw her there yesterday. She bounces from Renton to Boeing Field
for various activities. The Museum of Flight (MoF) is currently under
a lot of expansion construction. I expect her next flight will be
next Wednesday. The MoF is sponsoring a Centennial Parade of aircraft
around the Seattle area. That should be fun to do.

There was a lot of talk whether the plane should continue to fly or
not in the 90's. I heard rumors that the estate of the previous owner
wanted the plane grounded after restoration. But it seems that the
MoF does have the ability/right to fly it occasionally.

-j-