Old January 4th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default STC for Cessna 140

Scott wrote:
Not sure if one is required. I believe a float kit may have been
offered for the 120/140 as a factory option, so it may be covered in the
original type certificates. If you are not a member of the
International Cessna 120/140 Association, I would suggest joining them.
They have somewhere around 1500 members and many very knowledgeable in
these matters. Try http://www.cessna120-140.org/

Scott
1947 Cessna 140

Chris wrote:
Does anyone know if an stc exists for float attachments for a 1946
Cessna 140?

Go he

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library%5CrgMakeModel.nsf/0/F55C36F242F3204E8625724300680EAA/$FILE/A-768.pdf

Floats are listed, and a Cessna drawing number given. Now the
problem will be to find those floats.

Dan