Old July 11th 03, 11:57 PM
Bob Gardner

I don't know what the prices are now, but full-motion sims such as Larry
describes go for several hundred dollars an hour...I used to get an hour in
a 737 sim for Christmas every year from a buddy who worked at a sim center.

Bob Gardner

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
BTIZ wrote:

define "real" simulators...

A fully complete cockpit made of the cockpit parts of the real aircraft,
with front visual system, force feedback, and some simulation of the
g-forces pressing the pilot into the seat. A simulator that shows the
exactly same behavior the real aircraft shows...

there are varying degrees "classes"
beyond the desktop PC, most are usable for IFR training, but as
mentioned in a previous post, you need a CFII with you to log the
training, just practice by your self, although good experience is not
creditable towards log book hours or currency requirements.

Right. I just want to know if I would log the sim hours if it would make

any
sense when having a PPL. Even if they at least count when making the CPL
somewhen...

Benjamin