Old July 6th 03, 07:34 AM
robert arndt

"Kilroy" wrote in message ...
"RobbelothE" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a "standard" airspeed
indicator and an F-1 airspeed indicator is? Was there any external

difference
when one was installed? I'm looking at B-24's.
Ed

It is doubtful if any of us who flew them were ever aware there were two
different kinds of airspeed indicators. Most of us were happy to remember to
check that the Pitot Tube covers were removed!

The 1942 Pioneer F-1 Airspeed Indicator had a dial scale that read
0-100 mph with a secondary scale reading hundreds of mph, IIRC. Does
that help any... or is there some other major difference?

Rob