Old January 24th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Aircraft Weight Question

There was a famous Las Vegas entertainer, who bought a very
nice turboprop twin and took it to a completion center in
Omaha to have the cabin done in his style. The completion
center advised that the list of cabin furnishings was very
heavy and probably not a good idea.
But the entertainer insisted.

The completed airplane was over gross without payload or
fuel.

"Bill Denton" wrote in message
. net...
| Consider the following aircraft:
|
| Seats ---------------------------------------------- 2
|
| Empty Weight (typical) -------------------- 920 lbs.
|
| Maximum Gross Weight -----------------1320 lbs.
|
| Useful Load ----------------------------------- 400 lbs.
|
| Payload with Full Fuel (18 Gals) -------- 292 lbs.
|
| Suppose I wanted to add additional equipment to this
aircraft. Obviously,
| this would raise the Empty Weight, and lower the Useful
Load and the
| Payload.
|
| Is there any sort of "minimum" Useful Load or Payload that
must be
| maintained when equipment is added, or is it simply a
matter of operating it