Old March 17th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aircraft purchase question

On Mar 16, 6:30*pm, Ron Natalie wrote:
Vaughn Simon wrote:
"John Godwin" wrote in message
Best would probably be a limited power of attorney. Do everything under
your friend's name.

* *And be sure that you are named in the insurance policy if you are going to
fly it.

Vaughn

How are you going to register it? * If it's US registered, the owner
must be a US citizen or permanent resident or a resident corporation.

The plane eventually will be under his name but if owner must be a US
citizen then the plane first has to register under my name and then
transfer to him prior leaving the US? But will I liable for NJ sales
tax ?