Old January 21st 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent p. norris

Default Navy Wings?

The funny thing was that by late '78 they were recalling Reservists to
fill mostly (but not exclusively) Training Command slots. They in '81
they had enough warm bodies to screw the guys they recalled. :-(

Like I say, Navy personnel management sometimes leave a lot to be
desired.

When I got to Corpus Christi for Advanced Training (summer or fall of
'50), a bunch of Naval Aviator retreads were moving into the BOQ. They
told us they were a reserve squadron recalled to active duty for the
Korean war.

Some had sad tales of what it had cost them. One guy had just
finished law school but was forced to miss the bar exam. Another had
to sell a business he had just started.

That would have been acceptable, had they really been needed; but
before the week was out, they were told they weren't needed after all,
and could go back home.

vince norris