Old June 28th 04, 04:54 PM
Emilio

Ok that tells me that pilots bodily function came last as far as design. I
guess if they all drink vodka all the time who cares where they go pee!

I met this Polish guy who was drafted by German army during the WW2. As he
put it "it was either army or labor camps." When he avoided labor camps he
was promptly sent to Russian front! At the time I was into camping so I
asked him "What kind of sleeping bag did they give you to sleep in the
cold?" It was a type of rubberized bag and not a thick one he mentioned.
I suppose the bag was a type of vapor barrier bag to keep warm.

How did you take a dump out there when weather was below zero? Oh he said,
they had this oil drum with fire in it and we all sat around in a circle and
did our thing. He laughed and said, I slept on the ground for 3 years, and
no thanks I don't want to go camping and sleep on the ground any longer.

Emilio

"Tamas Feher" wrote in message
I spent 2 years flying around the world on An124 charters Air Foyle.

They
are very noisy aircraft although I did have my own cabin so it was

quite
comfortable aside from the noise. The worst thing is that you cannot

put
toilet paper in teh toilet after you have used it, it goes in a waste

bag
hanging by the sink. I hated those toilets.

Don't complain!

The soviet AWACS (a modified IL-76 transporter) has no toilet at all,
the crew must use a bucket.
(In the last minute extra electronics were added to the design and they
needed to find another 1,5 cubic meters of rack space, so the toilet
went down the loo.)