Old June 29th 04, 04:15 AM
David E. Powell

"Tamas Feher" wrote in message
I spent 2 years flying around the world on An124 charters Air Foyle.

They
are very noisy aircraft although I did have my own cabin so it was

quite
comfortable aside from the noise. The worst thing is that you cannot

put
toilet paper in teh toilet after you have used it, it goes in a waste

bag
hanging by the sink. I hated those toilets.

Don't complain!

The soviet AWACS (a modified IL-76 transporter) has no toilet at all,
the crew must use a bucket.
(In the last minute extra electronics were added to the design and they
needed to find another 1,5 cubic meters of rack space, so the toilet
went down the loo.)

I guess they just hope they don't have to do any wild maneuvers, or hit any
turbulence. That's something nobody wants on their radar screen!