Old May 4th 15, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

Default Cockpit Size and Comfort

I would second the option the Grob 102, it is about as wide as they come.

I am 5'9" weight 200 lbs with shoulders that were tuned for swimming. I fly a DG 800 with zero spare room at the shoulders.

On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 7:31:30 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 10:04:57 AM UTC-4, Mike Rinaldi wrote:
I am looking to purchase a new (to me) XC ship. Which ones have the largest/roomiest cockpit? Not for a tall person, one with broad shoulders, about 5'9 and 200lbs. Discuss and Thank you in advance!

What performance/price range? It may not be the highest performing glass ship, but the Grob 102 has a wider than average cockpit.