Old September 16th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Smith[_2_]

Default 2-33

The Harris Hill Soaring Corp. is fortunate to have 3 2-33s, 4 ASK 21s,
a 1-26, a 1-34, a single place Discus & a Duo. Our juniors are trained
in the 2-33, & they then progress to the higher performance ships.
I've not seen any resistance on their part to learning to fly in the
2-33.

Former HHSC Juniors now fly for the USAF, American Airlines, Fedex,
Corning Corp. & who knows what else - lots of our members have become
aviation professionals.

We typically have 30-40 juniors. They don't seem to mind that the 2-33
doesn't look "cool."

They also don't seem to be at a disadvantage with respect to contest
soaring because they started out in a 2-33. We train top notch cross
country & contest pilots.

Having said all that, I learned to fly in a Blanik L-13. Nice glider,
wish it wasn't grounded.