Old September 16th 10, 08:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default 2-33

On Sep 15, 10:45*pm, wrote:

And of course, perhaps the glassholes dissing older trainers that may
not produce the latest champions are flying somewhere else...

Aerodyne

Have you looked closely at your club/FBO's finances?

In almost all circumstances that I've seen, the yearly operating &
maintenance costs of a glider are FAR surpassed by the costs of
maintaining tow-planes. 1 year of hangar costs, fuel, insurance,
maintenance, repairs, and reserve funds for a towplane are likely to
dwarf even a couple-thousand-dollar AD on a glider!

Admittedly, I've only been in the sport for a few years... But I
firmly believe that a better club glider does not have to equate to
dramatically higher club fees.

--Noel