Old November 22nd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cowl Mount Modification for Cessna 175A

On Nov 22, 8:48*am, Clay wrote:
Is it possible and practical to eliminate the standard cowl mount
brackets and attach the cowl to the fuselage with Cam Lock fasteners?
I would like to consider the CAM LOCK 4000 series (stainless with
phillips head)
Is there an STC for this modification for a C-175A?

Skybolt Fasteners http://www.skybolt.com/ has kits for many
but I can't see the 175 there. Might be worth calling them. Does your
airplane have the Southco quarter-turn fasteners now? If so, stick
with them. The Skybolts aren't much better.
Dan