Old October 21st 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Default Ridge soaring in Southeastern Oklahoma???

Brad,
When the ridges are too close together, there is a good chance
that there will not be any wind (lift) coming up the on the downwind
ridges. Depending on the weather conditions, the downwind ridge
could also be unflyable to do wave activity.
In the case for our local ridge, if you were to fly on the downwind
ridge (Black Fork Ridge) and if any ridge lift quits, there is no
where
to land!
You really need to be confident that the wind will be blowing the
entire time you are flying along the Rich Mountain and Black Fork
Ridge because the landout areas are very limited.
If you are interested, I can send you an email with a little more
information about this flight.
We also have some pretty good wave soaring in this area.

Randy

http://talihinasoaring.com/