Old October 16th 13, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LX7007 & "LX Compass module" - wind calc

Le mercredi 16 octobre 2013 05:36:56 UTC-4, pete purdie a écrit*:
At 23:30 15 October 2013, jfitch wrote:

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:14:32 PM UTC-4, pete purdie wrote:

' And (by user reports) is the best vario on the market bar none.'

That seems like a long stretch. Do you work for them?=20

No, I don't work for them. But I do sell them, and all the other varios by

major manufacturers. I haven't met the same level of enthusiasm for

anything else. The difference seems to be that experienced pilots 'know'

what the air is doing, and a vario enhances that information. The ClearNav

vario seems to agree more closely with what a good pilot feels, and makes

centring and maximising climb more efficient. Likewise the instantaneous

wind appears highly accurate - a useful feature particularly flying in

mountains.

I was sufficiently convinced by the feedback that I bought one for my

glider with my own money, and agree with what my customers say.

Hi
It is unfortunate that the Flight Computer display is one large size only. A 70%screen,like the picture in the Soaring magazine advertisement, would fit my LS6panel. Any other option?
Regards
Gilles