Old October 8th 16, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rianmonnahan

Default JS1 Registration in the USA

On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 12:38:49 AM UTC+2, Craig Funston wrote:
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 11:55:36 AM UTC-7, rianmonnahan wrote:
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:34:37 PM UTC+2, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
Ah, I see now.

My next suggestion would be to just buy an ASG-29 and be done with it.. Unless you are one of the best pilots, the difference between its performance and the performance of all but the longest-winged JS-1s will be unnoticeable.

Thanks, Bob K.

Agreed but I want the long wings. I have an ASG-29-15 right now.

Contact Uys Jonker and ask him. They're great folks and I'm sure he or a factory rep will happily answer all your questions. Leo is the rep here in the US. I'm sure he'd also be happy to answer any questions. I don't know the full story, but I know of at least one JS1C in Germany that I'm reasonably sure has D- registration. Relying on the motley bunch here on RAS isn't the most reliable option.

Cheers,
Craig

Hi,

I've written Leo, I've written the FAA. I'm still waiting for a definitive answer which I suspect will be NET. The issue is obtaining a Standard CoA for a US registered JS1-C.

And I agree, I've had nothing but good contacts with the people at Jonkers and M&D. They are nice people and the product is fantastic.

I would not put my hand to the fire but I think the only gliders flying with D- registration are JS1 M&D Singles under a German Permit to Fly. There are plenty of JS1s flying with ZS registration in Europe.

Cheers