Old July 21st 03, 01:12 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:25:14 -0400, "Chris"
wrote in Message-Id: :

I recently took a student pilot flying with me. He only has about 20 hours I
was wondering if it's legal to let him take the controls being I'm only a
private pilot. If so is there any possible way he could log this flight time
we do together. I realize it can't be dual being I'm not and
instructor....well just wondering thanks in advance for your response.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...C?OpenDocument
Sec. 61.51

(4) A student pilot may log pilot-in-command time only when the
student pilot--
(i) Is the sole occupant of the aircraft or is performing the duties
of pilot of command of an airship requiring more than one pilot flight
crewmember;
ii) Has a current solo flight endorsement as required under Sec. 61.87
of this part; and
(iii) Is undergoing training for a pilot certificate or rating

--space

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,