Old November 14th 06, 12:56 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
Kobra

Default Can't install FSX

My computer is four years old

If your computer is 4 years-old DO NOT install FSX!! FS9 will run 10X's
smoother and be more enjoyable.

You NEED (IMHO) a P4 3.0 + gig cpu with 2 gig ram and a kick-a$$ graphics
accelerator with 256 or 512 memory on board. Otherwise you might as well
load the game in the morning to play a slide show at noon.

Wait for your new Vista computer and get as much horsepower as you have
wallet-power. If you don't have wallet power, do what the rest of us
do...us credit power.

Kobra

"Blue" wrote in message
Do a fresh Windows install?
That cure seems worse than the illness.
Even if I could do it without reformatting and losing all it would put me
back to SP1 version of Windows with long days of updating on my dial up.
and my plan is to wait until Spring and replace it with a new maching with
Vista pre-installed.
Blue

"Nicolaj C." wrote in message
. ..
"Blue" wrote in message
Nearing the end of the FSX install, approximately 1hour and thirty
minutes, I get the message:

"Error 1722
There is a problem with this Windows installer. A program run as part
of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel
or package vendor."

Acknowledging this dialogue box opens another stating "rolling back"
with cpu activity for several minutes.

Then another box appears:

Error 1603

Then it returns to the desktop and the hard disk has as much empty space
as it did when I started.

I then installed a later version of the "installer" program, did a
clean boot (no startup programs) and tried again - exact same result.

Anyone else have this experience?

Blue

Many Microsoft customers has had this experince and so far Microsoft
cannot solve it. Do a fresh windows install. That will solve it. After
spending countless days doing all the tips and hints on the net - that
was the only way, I found.