Old June 24th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:19:42 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .

I found it notable for the simple fact that it is the only CH-801 fatal
accident I could find in the NTSB database.

Yes, but I recall that it is difficult to rely on the NTSB database for
homebuilt model statistics because model designations for like aircraft are not
reliably the same. For example: somebody's CH-801 could be a "Smith 801 Rocket"
or whatever.

I looked in my 1998-2006 database and found five CH-801 accidents, of which this
one was the only fatal. The five planes were registered as:

Zenith 801
CH-801
STOL CH 801
Zenith CH801
CH801

"*801*" as a search team would have picked these up. I ran "*801*" against the
total FAA registration database (Jan 4 2008 edition) and got 53 hits. Only
three planes didn't have either "CH", "Zenair", or "Zenith" as part of their
model name, and just one was obviously not a Zenith 801 (certification date in
mid-80s).

Ron Wanttaja