Old May 17th 19, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default What's Wrong With OLC?

It shouldn't come to that, but thanks.Â* ClearNav people are looking at
the problem.

Someone pointed out the odd time display on my recent flights.Â* The same
flight recorded on a streak (and uploaded using a non-motor glider)
loaded perfectly so I think the problem is somewhere within the ClearNav
system.Â* Both the computer and the vario show the same anomaly.Â* Maybe
I'll get to fly with the new antennae today...

On 5/16/2019 7:11 PM, kinsell wrote:
Looks like IGCDroid may actually be usable for recording motorglider
flights on OLC.Â* Haven't flown with it yet, but a test drive was
accepted by OLC as a motorglider.Â* Just make sure it has permission to
record audio.

Dave
antennae whose cables I cut to length. Today in installed new
antennae and was surprised at how quickly the GPSs locked on.Â* Maybe
I'll get to fly tomorrow and see if that was the fix.

On 4/27/2019 8:57 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
My flight on April 25 comes back with a zero score and I can't see
why.Â* I have two recorders on board and got the same results with
both.Â* I uploaded the igc file to Skylines.aero and the flight was
instantly scored.

I use OLC to support the local club, of which I'm not a member.Â* I
use Skylines because it's quicker, has a much better interface,
allows me to select my desired units, and has no advertising. And,
since my logbooks have been kept in imperial units (flame suit on)
for 45 years, I don't want to mess with metric conversions to
maintain my logs.Â* Maybe everyone should switch to Skylines.aero
https://skylines.aero...

OBTW, my OLC claim showed the same ground track as Skylines.aero,
just no points.
--
Dan, 5J

--