Old May 13th 05, 04:56 AM
Guy Elden Jr

I'm hoping that this says that teenage pilots are better than teenage
drivers.

I think with the amount of time, effort, and money put toward earning a
private pilot certificate that one gains more of a sense of ownership
of that privelege than one does when "earning" a driver's license. Most
kids think of a dl as an entitlement, a rite of passage. Doubtful they
look upon flying with the same carefree attitude.

Still, you're right about the youthful indiscretions, but I wouldn't be
too quick to judge _all_ 17 year boys by that standard. I certainly
never took risks when driving at that age, but I consider myself more
the boring exception to the rule.