Old August 3rd 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default USA Uvalde 18 Meter Nationals 2nd day 8/2/17........oh boy

Some folks came home early, other folks somehow got around and home, then their are the "others". Simply said, it went KA BOOM big time. A 3:30 one turn MAT and the first turn(#39 west of Uvalde) was hard for some, maybe easy for others.
Myself, I came home early as a 10 mile safety finish was called because of a boomer with 20 + kt winds and heavy rain on the field. I came in after the dump.
Good to be home as we have numerous land outs.

Some had to run their engines just short of the safety finish....ouch. Anyways, I think all are accounted for and retrieves are under way.

Best. #711