Old July 29th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Give direction to children interested in Aviation

On Jul 28, 2:28 pm, Merk wrote:
I am not a pilot or have any experience in this area, however I am the
mother of 5 sons and twin toddler girls, 4 of whom I home school and
they are very interested in Aviation and I don't know where to start,
what direction to take them to keep them interested and what do I do
first and always to keep their minds stimulated until they get old
enough to search these areas themselves.
I love science and so do my children and aviation gets to be a main
focus in homeschooling through many years, from how the air goes over
the wings to
building working models of engines and turbines, you know all of that
fun stuff, so I was just looking for some ideas on where some one with
experience in the field would start a house full of fun loving boys.
Thanks
Merk

--
Merk

Merk
you should also take your kids out to the airport. There is always a
place to sit and watch the airplanes. Some pilots will see little kids
watching the activity there, and we'll take them for a ride around the
airport. Are there interested in all planes, or have they gotten to
love old war planes or new fighters or what? There's a million things
you can do, the worst would be to stop their interested in flying.