Old November 1st 18, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default looking for advice on lead n follow flights

Dave Watt helped me a great deal when I was learning down here in thermal
land. The take away lesson for lead and follow is simple: Follow means
follow. As soon as the follower does his / her own thing it goes to worms.

Agree to stay close, play safe, do not stretch the follower out, don't get
separated in height more than a couple of hundred feet, and be prepared to
wait around.

I am very grateful to Watty that he was prepared to help me in this way
back then (not sure he will anymore though!)

Jim