Old May 14th 19, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Buying a 1-35 pros and cons?

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 2:13:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Does anyone have any inside info on the pros / cons of buying a 1-35. I am interested in learning cross country. I am mostly looking to hear from any current or former 1-35 owners.

Thanks,
Tim W

Hi,

I had one flight in a 1-35. It was loaned to me by a friend when my ASW-15 was in the custody of the Gehrlein brothers getting an annual. My friend said once the flaps are on when landing, just fly by airspeed regardless of the angle, when you get near the runway flare. I followed his advice and had a good landing after a very nice soaring flight. I think a 1-35 is a a good airplane especially at the end of the day when all you need to do is tie it down when landing after others are on the ground wresting with wings and putting planes in trailers. You get to pop your first beer along with the earlier arrivals, and start to lie about your magnificent flight.

George Frost, AKA Frosty the Towman