Old March 9th 18, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ClearVav vs. LXNav

Cliff,

Think outside of the panel.Â* My LAK-17a had a very small panel so, to
mount my Dell Streak 5" display, I used two Adel clamps in line attached
to the side of the panel and a flex mount to hold the mini tablet.Â* I
placed it on the left side, angled so that it was perfectly visible but
didn't block any instruments.

HERE https://www.dropbox.com/s/d61t34oz6x8ert6/panel.jpg?dl=0 is a
picture of my installation.Â* Something like this might work for you.

On 3/9/2018 8:20 AM, wrote:
I agree with Darryl, I absoulutly love foreflight and they have added a glide amoeba which in the 170 I fly in it with, is one step closer to making it something I would put in my 27. I admittedly have only a garmin 196 and a SN10B for my 27 now and have not flown with a clearnav or lxnav. I have flown with xc soar on a android But I would replace my 196 with a Ipad mini running foreflight now if I had the room.

--
Dan, 5J