Old November 14th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default contest number question

On Nov 14, 4:42 am, Gary Emerson wrote:
I haven't even looked, but I'm guessing there is still a requirement in
the contest "rules" to have contest numbers under the wing, etc.

I'm thinking of removing my under wing contest number and not replacing
it - is anyone aware of any contest where not having a contest number
under the wing has been an issue? With GPS scoring, I'm betting this is
a moot point.

TIA

Gary

At Region 9 in Parowan last year, the CD penalized several violators
of this rule on safety grounds. In a gaggle, you need to know who's
above you. Some creative mods were made with insulating tape.

Mike