Old July 27th 03, 07:00 AM
terra

jorge wrote:
terra wrote in message ...
David Lednicer wrote:
I got this when I tried to view it with Netscape 7.02, so I switched and
tried IE 6.0 and it worked.

Ah, another IE-only page. The site is busted, it relies on out-of-date javascript.

I viewed the Sud-Ouest SO.1221 Djinn at
http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/snias_jinn-r.html (thanks, Brantly Nut), and
deleted my helis.com bookmark.

I didnt know this group was for rating sites ! :-)

It's for bashing IE-only sites. If the trend continues, the web will be
accessible not just to IE users only, but to *Windows* users only. No Mac, and
no Linux.

Is not my fault if netscape versions are not backwards compatibles,

I don't know what you're saying here. Your script looked for Netscapes 4 and 6,
no awareness of 7.
So I fired up Netscape 4.79... and... the page didn't load at all! Nothing.
After I disabled Stylesheets it loaded, but then the links didn't work.

anyway, I just download, install and review NS7 and update the
scripts.
Hope its works fine now

Thank you! It works in 7, but not old 4.79, which is good enough.

BTW, AOL has recently closed up the Netscape shop, the company is out of
business, so you won't have to look for a Netscape 8 :-(
But... development on Mozilla continues :-)
It's the "same" browser, without the Netscape name in the identifier. There's a
family of other browsers also based on Mozilla: K-Meleon, Beonex, Firebird, IBM
Browser, etc. And then there's Opera. Will your site work with those? I think
the javascript is a bad idea.