Old October 26th 03, 01:36 AM

Flight Link sells a complete set of helicopter controls. I have flown
them, and I personally think they're worth about 1/3 of what they cost,
but other people seem to like 'em.

http://www.flightlink.com/hardware/rotorwing/index.html

There is also an outfit in the UK that builds a contraption that
integrates a hacked Saitek joystick. This one intrigues me quite a bit,
esp. if/when they get their twist grip going.

http://www.simcontrol.co.uk/newheli.htm

For now, I'm still using the same stuff I've been using for years - CH
Combatstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals. This is about the least
expensive setup you can get that roughly simulates rotorcraft controls.

Dave Blevins

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:44:01 -0700, "kent shih"
wrote:

Can you buy control equipment similar in a helicopter for collective,
cyclic, pedals to fly the R22 in the MSFS2004?

Kent

"Andrew Crane" wrote in message

"ChopperJon2" wrote in message
Microsoft flightsim is great and realistic. Use the bell 206. or

download
an
r-22 addon from simviation

Microsoft Flightsim is nowhere near approaching realistic in its flight
models of any helicopter.

- c of g appears to be behind the tail
- can't autorotate
- flaring doesn't reduce descent
- low rotor RPM doesn't affect lift, doesn't cause nose-down pitch
- descent rate far too high on low collective
- translational lift, VRS, t/r VRS, flap-back, and lots of other stuff
not modelled

etc, etc..

It's basically a plane that can take off vertically, not at all like a
helicopter.

Regards
Andrew

--
Inweb Networks. Quality internet and telecoms services
Sales: 08000 612222 Support: 08704322222. http://www.inweb.co.uk