Old February 5th 16, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Accident in Namibia, SH Ventus 2cxm

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 11:02:14 AM UTC-5, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 6:32:26 PM UTC+3, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 3:32:51 AM UTC-5, Surge wrote:
One wonders if the inclusion of a tail parachute would have been a better option on these slippery open class ships with tricky recovery envelopes?

You would need a reliable means to jettison the chute at the right moment.

Like the blue knob low on the right hand cockpit wall in my glider here, you mean?

http://hoult.org/bruce/gliding/sasha/sasha-Images/3.jpg.

First stop deploys the chute. Zig right and all the way forward to jettison it.

I was aware of the chute used for landing on Libelle. So you think a similar chute mechanism could be used during spin/spiral dive recovery.