Old May 10th 05, 01:38 AM
Doug Snyder

Default Navman 3450

I'm considering the purchase of a Navman 3450 for use with an iPAQ
3765. I want the unit primarily for the auto navigation software. That
I can also use it with WinPilot is nice as well. (that way I'll have
two GPS's whilst flying)

Unfortunately, the user reviews for Navman are not very good. The
primary problems seem to be difficulty acquiring and keeping satellites
and software given to "freezing up" and requiring reboots of the iPAQ.
I can't believe acquiring satellite will be a problem in the glider but
I can see where it might be in the car.

There are other options for use with a PDA but none I've found for use
with the 3700 series.

Does anyone have experience with the Navman 3450?

I guess I could just throw the iPAQ out the vent next time I fly and
start all over with a better PDA and better navigation software.

Doug