Old July 26th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Last Call -- Pool Party Tomorrow; HOPS party on Wednesday in OSH

Okay, last call guys. Be there or be...thirsty!

1. 6th Annual Iowa City Fly-In Pool Party
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

Hard to believe it's been six years since you guys and gals helped us decide
to build the only aviation themed hotel in the Midwest -- and it's "pay-back
time"! For the sixth year in a row we'll be throwing the only fly-in pool
party in the world, in thanks to all pilots who have helped us make our
aviation dream a success.

Always held on the Saturday before OSH -- TOMORROW! -- we'll have food,
refreshments, music, swimming, and hangar flying -- all FREE. We'll have
the Penguin flight simulator set up so that you can practice the FISK
approach into OSH (it's especially challenging after a few beers), and a
good time is guaranteed for all.

We're close enough to walk from the airport -- but why bother? We'll come
fetch you in our courtesy van, and zip you right to the front door of the
inn. Spend a few hours, or spend the night. If we run out of room (which
we do most years), you're welcome to pitch your tent on the property - free!

Then, on Sunday morning (not TOO early) we'll load up and fly into OSH
together. Last year we had eight aircraft fly up (in loose, in-trail
formation -- no Blue Angels stuff here!) together, which resulted in
everyone being parked close together -- so the party could continue all week
long!

Here are some pix from last year's party:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_fly-in_pool_party.htm

2. H.O.P.S. Party
Also for the sixth year, our campsite in the North 40 a OSH will serve as
the base for the annual "HOPS" (Homebuilt, Owning, Piloting, Student)
rec.aviation party. Put together with the invaluable assistance of this
group's Jim & Tami Burns, Montblack, and Jack Allison, this annual shin-dig
is a great chance to put a face with the names you see in these newsgroups
every day.

Admission is, as always, a 6-pack (or more) of GOOD beer, preferably from
your home-base. Regional micro-brews are almost always met with
enthusiastic approval. Extra points are awarded if you can't see through
it! (Left coast exception: If you're from Kalifornia, regional wines are a
suitable substitute. Just be prepared to take some serious razzing...)

This party is held on Wednesday during Airventure, right after the airshow.
Because aircraft parking is "first-come, first-served" the location varies
each year, but finding us is simple. Just go to the EAA North 40 check-in
station (at the entrance to the North 40) and give them our "N" number or
last name. They will give you our precise campsite number, and vector you
in. (Note: Do this early in the day, or you may be surprised to find them
closed. Randomly finding someone -- even a big party -- in the North 40 is
"needle-in-a-haystack" stuff...)

Here are some pix from last year's party:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_hops_party.htm

And from 2006:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/wed_-_north_40_party.htm

And from 2005:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/wednesday1.htm

And, the most famous picture of all, from the very first HOPS Party:
http://tinyurl.com/6599f4

Well, you get the idea. Hope to see you at one or both!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA