Old August 3rd 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning
bdl

Default Last Call -- Pool Party Tomorrow; HOPS party on Wednesday in OSH

On Jul 26, 10:06*am, bdl wrote:
On Jul 25, 10:12*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Okay, last call guys. *Be there or be...thirsty!

Unfortunately, I won't make either of them this year, I don't think.
I recognize myself in some of those pictures from last year. *I
remember last year, because that was the night my airplane partner
"won" a flight in the left seat of the Herpa DC-3 as part of a 12-ship
formation flight the next day. *(And as a side note I got to fly in
the back seat of the CN-6 in that same formation).

I'm flying into OSH either Sunday or Monday, but plans are to leave
Wednesday afternoon/evening. *Unless of course weather should cause me
to have to stay an extra day...An extra day at OSH? Darn the luck!

Have fun!

Brian
N9093K

Well, I should have stayed the extra day.... Had to divert to KSPI
for the night due to the heavy rain in the STL area. Got to meet a
nice airline pilot returning his Maule from OSH though as we started
at the same radar display for several hours. Plus a helicopter pilot
on a cross-country from OH to TX, that pulled the plug a couple hours
before I did.

Woke up to 1/2 mile vis with fog, but it burned off enough to get into
STL Thursday morning after shooting an approach 300 feet above
minimums...

If anybody gets stuck at KSPI, stay with the folks at 1st Class Air.
Everyone was friendly, let me use the crew car not once but twice and
pointed me to a decent hotel.

Brian
N9093K