Old November 21st 18, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2019 XC & Jr Development Camps

Looking at the SSA on-line calendar I do not see any XC or Jr development camps scheduled for 2019.

To grow our XC ranks and our Jr's we really need to have these type of events more often - like twice a year (East & West).

I'm thinking of organizing a camp for 2019 that would be geared to developing pilots (all ages) to fly their first task as well as for Jr's who want to develop into WGC candidates. Experienced mentors would coach using lead and follow techniques, we would have briefings and focused learning topics. We would also recruit some 2 seat ships for developing flights.

Location: At one of the Texas clubs of TSA, SCOH, or GHSA (nothing confirmed yet)

Dates: End of July

Duration: 6 days (Sunday through Friday)

Before I put forth the organization plan I need to know what attendance could be expected.

Let me know if this is something you would attend or something you would support with either mentoring or the loan of a 2 seat XC capable ship.

Thanks,
Tony Smolder
TS1