Old September 24th 04, 02:28 AM
Peter Stickney

In article .net,
"Dudley Henriques" writes:

"B2431" wrote in message
(John S. Shinal)
Date: 9/23/2004 2:17 PM Central Daylight Time
Ed Rasimus wrote:

rationally as usual

4.) Bush spent his first two years of ANG duty full time attending
USAF pilot training, survival schools and operational qualification
in
the F-102. OOOOOOps. He was really flying jets and engaging in a
rather risky business.

Apparently he drank and partied some, too. Can you imagine a
young fighter pilot doing such a thing ? I am stunned, I tell you.

Hey, don't start rumours like that. All fighter pilots are modest,
chaste,
sober..... etc.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

What amazes ME is that the extreme left apparently doesn't know much
about fighters either!!
If I was looking for a nice cushy safe non dangerous type airplane to
fly to avoid getting myself hurt because I was a flaming coward, the
Deuce would be the LAST fighter in the inventory I'd be happy to be
paired up with. Bush did a good job in the 102; not the easiest of
mounts for a young Lt to handle. The President is a member of a very
exclusive club of fighter pilots who got REAL up on subjects like
induced drag in turns and adverse yaw. Not to say the 102 was a killer,
but it DID take an above average driver to work the airplane properly,
and Bush is still here last time I looked !!!:-)

Just so, Dudley. If he were looking for a really cushy spot, there
were several Air National Guard Air Transport Squadrons in the region
at the time. The 181st ARefS in Texas was flying KC-97L Tankers, the 151st
MAS in Tennesee was flying C-97Gs as transports, The 105th MAS in
Tenessee was flying C-124s, as were the 125th MAS and 185th MAS in
Oklahoma, the 128th MAS and 158th MAS in Georgia, and the 183rd MAS in
Mississippi. If you wanted a cushy, no risk job, getting into one of
those units and raising and lowering the gear from the right seat
while watching the Flight Engineer twiddle the throttles as you get up
to stretch your legs seems like it. With the crew complements on
those beasts, nobody'd know if you were there or not.

(Note for the humor impaired: This is not intended in any way to
denigrate the job of the Load Warriors, or to make light of their
jobs. The ANG and Air Force Reserve transport units have been
important parts of out military air transportation system since the
early 1960s, flying important stuff anyplace the Active COmpnent has
flown. But that said, other than the slight but non-zero chance of
being attacked by a ravenous mob of cannibals (It happened in the
Congo in 1965), there wasn't much of a chance to get hurt. )

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster