Old November 19th 03, 04:23 AM
Newps

Matthew S. Whiting wrote:

Seniority is a nonfactor at the FAA. We only use it to bid our days
off twice a year.

That is truly good to know. Are annual increases merit based or COLA?
What are the promotion criteria?

Annual increases are the same as what every Social Security recipient
gets. Usually in the 3-4% range, next year however it is about 2.5%.
There are also increases based on your localities cost of living also
added onto that. As for promotion I do not get promoted unless I put
myself in a pool for a particular job opening. For example if Denver
needs a controller or three that job will get posted for everyone to
see. If I am interested in moving to Denver I will submit my paperwork.
I may or may not get selected, none of the criteria is based simply
upon years of experience. All promotions entail a paid move. Under no
circumstances will I get to work one day and find I have been promoted
to either another facility or into management of my current facility.