Old November 19th 03, 04:29 AM
Newps

Tom S. wrote:

Seniority is a nonfactor at the FAA. We only use it to bid our days off
twice a year.

Bull!! Seniority is a major (the major?) key in any bureaucracy or Union.

I am not in the union. The only thing based on seniority is the order
in which you get to pick your days off every 6 months. The union local
used to get to set their own seniority policy for their own facility.
NATCA National put the kabosh on that several years ago and now we are
all under the same seniority policy nationwide. There are only 5 union
members at BIL ATCT out of 18 controllers. I will say that the FAA has
bent over and let NATCA run ATC for many years now but as far as
seniority goes it ain't nuthin' like say the UAW.