Old January 31st 04, 07:28 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"sn" wrote in message ...

I believe the requirement for logging the time is conditional upon the
following phrase. "...maneuvering the aircraft solely by reference to
instruments..." If you have ever had an experience flying over water or in
the mountains with a high overcast, moonless night, there might be a
reported visibility from stations of 50 miles. Trust me, your maneuvering
soley by reference to your instruments, and every bit of it is loggable as
actual.

Fine, but the complete phrase is "A person may log instrument time only for
that flight time when the person operates the aircraft solely by reference
to instruments under actual or simulated instrument flight conditions." If
you're not in actual instrument flight conditions or using a vision
restricting device, how can you log any instrument time?