Old December 17th 05, 09:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Need very detailed WW2 Carrier Deck Operations

I've trying to write a simulation of WW2 carriers. The hull and flight
decks and planes are
to scale. Right now, I've got the Essex, Independence, and Sangamon
classes
implemented with working planes....Well, plane. An F3F rides up the
back elevator,
lauches over the bow, flys aroung a bit, lands in the back (stern?),
and goes down
the front elevator.

Obviously, not a very realistic scenario: doubt the US would have
beaten
Japan if our carriers only operated one airplane apiece.

I want to be able to realistically show all 90+ aircraft on a WW2 Essex
operating
in a historical correct manner (Or at least within historical
parameters)

Therefore, I've been Googling, Amazoning, and searching libraries like
crazy, but
I've only been able to find just mere snippets of info. Like an old
Time-Life book
of two pages of diagrams. And in an oral history book, a pilot
mentions "deck
load launch" versus a "full air group". Every little bit helps but I
need something
alot more comprehensive.

Does anybody know of a book, a treatise, an old naval manual?, an ex
pri-fly officer,
who could give me very detailed information. On such things like
spotting airplanes,
takeoff intervals, landing intervals etc. I can find tons of web sites
and books on the
planes and ship themselves. But almost nothing on this aspect of axial
deck carriers.

thanks.